Monday, October 19, 2009

Six hours working on the seat stays! And then ran out of gas before I was finished. Not real keen on lugging it down to Airgas in my messenger bag, always hurts the shoulder. Prior to brazing I did an alignment check on the front triangle and right chain stay with the seat stay tacked. Spot on.
Shaky old man pic, probably due to the Reverend yesterday . I made the mandrels to bend the tubing out of stuff laying around the garage. It still doesn't have the arc I would like, so I will keep finessing until it does. In the old days we used to make tube benders out of VW wheels when we would build off road cars.

2 comments:

  1. I think I could get a 3.0 tire in between those seat stays.

    This is going to be one fun bike.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Geesh...still on vacation? That is ok, because Buttercup still not finished being painted yet.

    ReplyDelete