The disc brake tab is on and the dimple provided ample clearance for the rotor.
I'm rescheduling the mixte, as I have been asked to build a frame to be displayed as wall art. And, it has to be a quick turn around. I have ordered the lug set and dropouts from Richard Sachs and they are on their way. After measuring the dropouts, I will order the tube set. In the mean time, I thought I would make the head badge as I can spend the better part of a day on one. From the day I receive the lugs, I hope to complete the frame in two weeks including paint.
I was finally able to complete the assembly, after receiving the last of the components. The final weight is 21 lbs. 10 oz. ready to ride. A little heavy, but lighter than the bike it replaced, so all is good. I've already taken it out for a shake down, and it's a splendid bike. Now, back to work on the mixte.
The filler for the top tube socket is brazed in and rough finished. Notice the occlusion, or void, right above the socket. I'll fill it with silver later.
I brassed the dropouts on as I'm out of silver.
This will be an easy fit up, thanks to Anvil.
I opted for a narrow, sloped crown to keep the fork as petite as possible. I want it to blend in with the small frame and not over power it. However, the 160 mm rotor just touches the fork. I noticed that some of the other frame builders run a 140 mm rotor up front as a fix, but, I believe I will dimple it enough to give it 5 mm clearance.