Saturday, August 18, 2012

 Other than "day of brazing cold work and cleaning", the front triangle is ready.

I got a little side tracked on this frame.  It has a crack in the head tube that I can repair thanks to the cavernous head tube diameters.  I find that if I am diligent with the paint stripper dwell time and the scraping/wiping off, it cleans up quite nicely.  I think this will be a new flat bar single speed bar bike.

Thursday, August 16, 2012

Trying to get the front triangle prepped for silver brazing before we take off.  The carved lug set weighs 120 gms.  Then braze in the water bottle bosses and drill the vent holes.

Friday, August 10, 2012

Here's some shots of the completed bike.  It rides as nice as I thought it would and the Di2 is great.  No more shift cables!  Ready to ride, it weighs 17lbs. 5 oz. which is a little heavier than I anticipated.  Dannys traditional 58cm weighed in at 17lbs. even.  I believe I can get below 17lbs. if I ditch the seat post, crank set, and some other over weight pieces.  Now to see how much work I can get done on the rain bike before Belgium.

Thursday, August 9, 2012

In my excited frenzy to build and ride one of my own frames, I botched all the photos this morning, so went ahead with the build.  Here are some mid assembly pics.  The fork insert has to cure  over night, so final assembly will have to wait.

Friday, August 3, 2012

The red is on.  Out of ten pics, this macro is the only one that shows the flake.  It really is brilliant, probably too fast for me.  I'll let it cure over night and then clear coat it.
The silver is on and as usual, the camera just won't pick up its intensity.

Back to the fun.  The frame is all rubbed down after the sander/sealer coat and ready for its final tack.  Next comes the metallic silver.