Friday, May 31, 2013

 The seat stays are on and the rear triangle is spot on.

I mocked up the rear fender to determine the eyelet placement.  I like to grind a shallow trough to set the eyelet in.  I affords a bit more contact area for strength and looks more cohesive.

Thursday, May 30, 2013

 Shaping the miters for the seat stay/ seat lug interface.
Almost done with the left side.

Thursday, May 23, 2013

The frame with the seat stays roughed in and a 28 mm tire on the dummy wheel.
The seat stays will move in towards the center at least 20 mm more which will make them more aesthetically pleasing.
 Devos repainted Mule is now safely back in his hands getting decked out in Campy, Retro, Brooks, and other fine componentry.  I massaged some bends in the seat stays.  This traditional frame has a long seat tube, so the bend radii  has to be minimal .
 Start of the slotting for the dropout tabs.
And fitment wise, ready to be brazed.

Tuesday, May 21, 2013

 Devos "Mule" frame is finished with its new paint work.  After all the years he hammered it commuting in its Barton Park Mud Puddle brown paint job, it was just time to refresh it.

 Nice shore line masking.

 I did add stainless dropout faces while I was at it.
The colors are very subtle but elegant.  Now back to work on Sellwood Dans fine machine.

Sunday, May 12, 2013

 Got down to business and the frame is complete minus the seat stays, bridges, and a few braze ons.  However, I'm stopping here to start the repaint of Devos old Mule frame.
 Got the dropouts in perfect alignment.
Nice looking shorelines.
I did have time to scribe the seat stays for bending and dropout alignment.
It looks like the fork will easily handle 28 mm tires with ample fender clearance.  I think the 30 mm tires will have to be run sans fenders.

Thursday, May 9, 2013

I pinched the chain stays to provide ample room should Sellwood Dan decide to run some 30 mm gravel tires.
Had a little gas left so I went ahead and silver brazed the SS rear derailer cable stop on.

Wednesday, May 8, 2013

 The miters are coming along nicely.
 Drilling vent holes.
The top head tube lug after reshaping.
And mocked up.  Looks good.

Sunday, May 5, 2013

I got all the brazing done up...........
 ......and flux soaking.
 The finished seat tube lug rear point,
 But I don't care for it and will reshape it to this.
And the dropout scallops are mostly done.

Thursday, May 2, 2013

Continuing on with the seat lug modification, I'm adding material for the new point.
 Ready to be brazed.
 Determining the vertical and marking for the dropout slots.  It would sure be nice to have a small mill or lathe to do this on.
Almost ready to braze.