Monday, November 30, 2009

The frame is through base coat and two coats of clear and looks pretty good. Can't wait to see it in the day light. I bought a new HVLP(high volume low pressure)spray gun that really keeps the overspray to a minimum. I want to let the paint set and tighten up for a few days to decide if I want to color sand and apply a third coat of clear.

Saturday, November 28, 2009

No turning back now, the fork is sanded, washed, and primed. Also got the Alaska white on for the logos. How about that high tech paint arrestor, eh? Works surprisingly well, though. I'll finish sand the frame and fork tomorrow and shoot the color coat on Monday.

Monday, November 16, 2009

I never get the pics in order. I believe this will be the color of choice for the Mule.
The frame is freshly etch primed.

Here is the frame after glass peen peening. looks real nice. The filters are for the Rube Goldberg paint arrestor I'm going to make so I don't get overspray all over everything in my garage.

Saturday, November 14, 2009

The mighty Mule is ready for glass bead and etch prime on Monday.

Wednesday, November 4, 2009

You can see on these two shots of how I slanted the scallop forward to provide clearance for the eccentric caliper adapter. Will still need to chamfer the leading edge of the adapter to give it as much clearance as possible.

Monday, November 2, 2009

Buttercup is fairly complete, but it's too cold to dial in the brakes, 36'. Also the left front arm has issues, post is too short or bent or the arm bushing is too long, etc. I will go back out when it is warmer and finish up.

Sunday, November 1, 2009

Here is where I ended up today. The seat post was problematic. It would insert cleanly to 170mm then bind up. I believe that because we reamed the butt out to accept the 30.8 post that it was running into the bow in the seat tube. I cut 70mm off the post and now all is well. The handlebar height is 10mm higher than the Curtlo. I didn't compensate for the added stack height of the FSA over a Chris King. I had to remove displaced metal on the freehub to accept the tight tolerances of the Chris King cog and I used a thread locker on the knurled knobs on the axle keepers, they just wouldn't stay tight.
Tomorrow, brakes, chain, etc. then your test ride to drill down the fit.