Monday, November 11, 2013

Doing a gap check with a scrap piece of tubing.  When held up to a light source, I don't want to see any light through the miter.
 Seat tube angle is spot on.
 Joels old Merz. The sun popped out and I thought I could capture the depth and brilliance of the Candy Apple Red.  Nah.
 But, I wanted to show off his point thinning skills.  They are beautiful.  Joel and I talked about doing some lug lining, but the points are so thin, the paint would detract from their beauty.
 Typically, you thin the points down to .030".  These are closer to .015", and not just the tips of the points.  They are blended all the way to the junction.
 Even the seat post port is thinned, something I have never thought about.  I just put a nice chamfer on it.  OK, enough gushing.
Craigs front triangle is close to braze time.  A little more of showing the bottom bracket who is boss, and drilling vent holes and brazing in the water bottle bosses.

No comments:

Post a Comment