Sunday, November 1, 2009



Here is where I ended up today. The seat post was problematic. It would insert cleanly to 170mm then bind up. I believe that because we reamed the butt out to accept the 30.8 post that it was running into the bow in the seat tube. I cut 70mm off the post and now all is well. The handlebar height is 10mm higher than the Curtlo. I didn't compensate for the added stack height of the FSA over a Chris King. I had to remove displaced metal on the freehub to accept the tight tolerances of the Chris King cog and I used a thread locker on the knurled knobs on the axle keepers, they just wouldn't stay tight.
Tomorrow, brakes, chain, etc. then your test ride to drill down the fit.

2 comments:

  1. Nice job Neil! I wish I could ride but after buying the new house. I am up to my ears in home maintenance and new appliance and furniture purchases.

    ReplyDelete